I am motivated to talk a bit about agents and the high standards of most REALTORS. There are real estate agents and there are real estate agents who are REALTORS (a trademarked designation). A REALTOR is a member of the National Association of REALTORS, and must subscribe the only the highest form of professionalism for the industry. And, most do just that.
The time has passed when a real estate agent is a housewife, mother, etc., who wanted to just go in pretty homes and look at them with her friends. In today's world, at least 70% of all agents or REALTORS, not only are professionals in this industry, but they also have chosen this work even though they have degrees...some graduate degrees, in all different types of fields. I, for example, have a Master's Degree in a Counseling Psychology field, and worked as a counselor in the medical field prior to becoming a full time real estate agent and REALTOR, in 1996. I know other agents in my office who have MBAs, or other technical degrees.
Real Estate transactions require a constant oversite, and constant attention to detail to keep our clients informed and also to keep them legally adhereing to the terms of the contracts. With numerous pages of the main contract, and additional addenda and amendments, it is a detailed job that requires a constant re-education to the process.
Besides the technical side of real estate, agents, like lawyers, need to be professioanl in their communications with their clients, and also with their colleagues, who are often on the other side of the transaction. It is unfortunate and embarrassing to be involved with an agent who doesn't use the proper and respectful way to negotiate or to communicate on behalf of the client. By taking a disrespectful communication style, the agent may not be working to the benefit of the client.
In communicating with the client, buyer or seller, a REALTOR, must always be truthful, and communicate to the client what is legal, and what is binding, so that along the way, the client has accurate expectations.
In the numerous transactions that I work with each year, I must say that I rarely deal with any agent in our area who is rude or unprofessional. I am very proud of my fellow professionals in Tarrant County.
Call one of us today to help you with your next home.
Please contact me at 817 925-6540 to see this home at 3588 W 4th Street in Fort Worth.
A blog about living in Dallas and Tarrant Counties to include Dallas, Fort Worth, and surrounding areas. Answering questions about the specific communities, real estate, and anything your family needs information about. I am an agent with Williams Trew Sotheby's International Realty...Please view our site and search for your next home at www.williamstrew.com I will be happy to help you find or sell any home in the area!
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to Texas
With North Texas and Tarrant/Dallas area becoming one of the most popular relocation destinations, most people admit being born someplace else, "but getting here as fast as they could!" Once you learn about this area, you will most likely feel the same way.
I will happily answer any question about the area that you may have...just ask me.
You can always contact me at dianne@diannearnette.com or watch this blog for answers.
I look forward to your questions.
I will happily answer any question about the area that you may have...just ask me.
You can always contact me at dianne@diannearnette.com or watch this blog for answers.
I look forward to your questions.

No comments:
Post a Comment